A highly skilled WHS Officer is required for a nationally recognised not for profit organisation for a 6 month contract position based in Parramatta. This organisation is well known for the support that it provides to the community.
- Ensure the safe operation of all site activities by regularly reviewing safety documents and amending as required
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of health and safety plans
- Ensure safety legislation and contractual obligations are adhered to
- Conduct reviews and safety audits ensuring a safety conscious culture is maintained
- Develop strong relationship with all stakeholders and provide up to date, accurate and timely advice
- Assist with Workers Compensation and Return to Work matter
- Diploma in Health & Safety with at least 5 years' relevant experience
- Preferably comes from a community services / NFP background
- Experience in designing, implementation, administration and maintenance of WHS systems & policies
- WC and RTW management experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Advanced level computer (MS Office) skills
To apply for this position, you must have full working rights in Australia. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to a satisfactory national criminal check and valid working with children's check.
If you would like to hear more about this role or other positions, please call Caryn Smith on (02) 9431 6505.
en world is a specialist recruitment agency specialising in Human Resources, Accounting & Finance , Corporate Services, IT &T, Engineering, Construction and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.