My client is an instantly recognised major international leader within the consumer products space. Through recently implemented business optimisation measures, the opportunity for a State Warehouse Manager has arisen within their Western Sydney based Head Office. Reporting to the National Warehousing and Logistics Manager the main objective of the role is to provide leadership to the operational aspects related to the site and two satellite sites. A fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, the company has a global footprint with an internal culture that is envied by its competitors and a view to promote and reward hard work and dedication.
- Direct and lead teams in the performance of daily activities.
- Manage the daily workload and maintain productivity levels ensuring correct use of labour to achieve the plan.
- Accountable for the productivity of the site by using cost effective and adequate staffing.
- Ensure pallet and consumable counts are actioned as per the count table
- Liaise with transport providers, suppliers and customers to ensure smooth and seamless dispatch and delivery of products
- Oversee the use of freight spend to ensure optimal use of carriers in line with budget requirements.
- Developing & controlling the most efficient transportation for inventory movements between warehouses and direct to customers
- Lead structured team processes and initiatives that promote employee communication and morale
- Control and maintain inventory record accuracy
- Implement cycle counting with the goal to eliminate annual stock-takes
- Ensure inventory accuracy is maintained within the set KPI's
- Site Safety and other ad-hoc duties
- 5-10 years' proven experience in similar role gained within an FMCG, manufacturing or logistics environment
- Developed staff management and motivational skillset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks efficiently and meet set deadlines
- Desire to improve processes and procedures to continuously seek a smoother operation
- Proven ability to contribute and work in a self-managed cross disciplined team environment
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519