My client is a market leading organisation and multinational manufacturer and distributor of consumer products with their head office located in Western Sydney. A standout brand across the globe with multiple distribution sites across the continent they are currently going through various business optimisation initiatives and have recently identified the need for an experienced Purchasing contractor to assist with their workload for a period of 6 months with an immediate start.
Reporting to the Planning Manager you will be responsible for purchasing and procurement activities to support their inventory and manufacturing needs across their network. Direct responsibilities include:
- Monitor suppliers on product and service quality, documentation preparation, invoicing processing
- Continuously work with existing Vendors to improve delivery performance.
- Negotiate rates and discounts
- Expedite existing orders and requests for quotes for both direct and indirect materials
- Place new POs and manage existing POs to ensure On Time Delivery And Purchase Price Variances are within set targets
- Partner with planning and logistics functions to ensure deliveries are met
- Ensure all invoicing discrepancies are resolved
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a similar position with above responsibilities
- Mandarin communication skills
- Appropriate qualifications in Logistics or Supply Chain
- Knowledge of large ERP/MRP and DRP systems
- Exposure to the Sales & Operations Planning Process
- Excellent communications skills and a team player
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519