My client is a 100% Australian owned business that has been leading a niche market in the manufacturing space for the last 50 years. The company has tripled in size over the last 10 years due to a strong market share of a number of specialty products. Due to an influx of major projects, they are looking for an exceptional Senior Purchasing Officer to join the team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, will be responsible for optimising the purchasing process to meet target inventory levels on time supply of materials to ensure optimal production. Your duties will encompass:
- Responsible for support of the purchasing and delivery of materials, consumables and components from a worldwide supply chain to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Raising Purchase orders for items requested and approved through the Purchase Requisition system
- Manage the flow of inwards materials in consultation with other procurement personnel and the company appointed freight forwarder
- Manage vendor schedules with both domestic and internationally based suppliers
- Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager support national and international commercial negotiations with suppliers
- Participate in and support the Continuous Improvement Process by actively seeking process improvements and cost down opportunities
The successful candidate will possess 5+ years' experience in a similar role, ideally in a manufacturing environment. You will ideally have a degree or diploma in an associated field. The business is going through a huge growth phase, so the person coming in needs to be able to quickly adapt to an extremely fast paced environment.
If you are interested please apply today, or if you have any questions please contact Stuart Alpen on 02-9431-6518.