The primary purpose of this position is leading and driving the development of innovative, cutting-edge product and system concepts. As a Senior NPD Professional, you will be responsible for the project management of product development projects to commercial implementation for local and overseas products/business.
Our client provides innovative and market-leading products and systems in the construction industry. You will work closely with a cross-functional team including research, manufacturing, sales and marketing. This group will include a variety of both regional and international stakeholders.
- Concept generation of solutions to solve business issues.
- Development of new product/system ideas into new differentiated commercialised products.
- Project management of selected new product developments from concept/business case right through to implementation, to drive new products to market faster and in a superior manner to competitors.
- Business case development, documentation and presentation for project approval stages or capital approval needed for project progression.
- Prepare and manage project timelines and milestones to meet agreed business requirements
- Research, evaluation & selection of suppliers, contractors, partners to achieve project goals, including establishing appropriate agreements where needed for confidentiality, intellectual property, quality specification, supply terms or other business reasons.
- Manufacturing implementation management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
- People skills - ability to motivate and influence others to do what needs to be done, as well as ability to sustain a team through difficult periods and still deliver results.
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design or Development, Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Preferred 5-10 years of relevant technical experience or equivalent
- Preferred 3 +years relevant experience in a leadership role or equivalent.
- Experience in building materials or construction industry would be preferred but not essential.
You will be passionate about NPD projects and driving results, be innovative in thinking and be able to work across business functions.
The business and role will offer you the ability to develop and gain exposure to leading technologies, processes and systems.
For more information on this role and to find out about other similar positions, please contact Matt Gorrie on 02 9431 6508, and quote Ref No MG - 1807 - 398605.
CVs should be submitted by clicking the 'apply now' button below. All documents are required to be sent in MS Word format.