My client is one of the largest Banking & Financial Institutions in the world. With their presence in Australia growing, and some large projects looming in 2018, they are looking for an energetic and driven Senior Clearing Officer to join the settlements team for a 12 month contract (with a strong likelihood of going permanent).
Reporting to the Clearing Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Inputting/Processing Customer Transactions and International Payments;
- Investigate & follow up on the discrepancies and exceptions when required;
- Monitor the clearing payment Queues in the back-office system;
- Monitor and investigate unmatched trades confirmed via swift;
- Liaising with the Front Office on a regular basis on trade discrepancies;
- Report any breaches of regulations to Legal and Compliance;
- Have reports signed and filed daily according to Settlement & Clearing procedures;
- Perform trade support functions such as trade verification, confirmation and settlements;
- Produce the daily internal and external reports as required for clearing;
- Complete AML/CTF checks on payments and regulatory report to AUSTRAC in timely manner;
- Provide back office support and service on banking operations;
- Provide support for other Business Units queries;
- Reconcile and process daily clearings (inward and outward clearing) and liaise with the agent bank;
- Process transaction relating to Demand Deposit account accounts, such as stop orders, cheque deposit request;
- Preform KYC and Client due diligence on Nostro and Vostro customer;
- Performing the daily reconciliation of customer/Vostro accounts and resolving/escalating of errors;
- Performing daily check of the confirmation produced by system/manual confirmation; and
You will be tertiary/degree qualified, and have at least 5 years' experience in a corporate banking environment. You are driven, diligent & professionally presented.
Culture & Benefits
This is a huge opportunity to join a global market player. The company is going through significant upgrades and investment in best practice.
If you are interested, please click "APPLY" today. If you have any further questions please contact Stuart Alpen on 02-9431-6518.