My client is a global Construction business with a proven track record in commercial infrastructure space for the last 50 years. Due to continuous growth and the ramping up of a major project, they are looking to add a Safety Manager to their Rail business. This is a high energy & busy environment, so we're looking for someone to drive & influence this part of the project.
You will provide leadership, advice and governance of Rail Safety and WHS Management systems within the workplace. You'll be responsible for:
- Provide support, coordination and advice relating to WHS & Rail Safety practices, systems and procedures.
- Administer education and compliance programs for employees, contractors and visitors
- Initiate and coordinate accredited training programs for occupational health and safety
- Conduct WHS and Rail Safety audits and inspections.
- Identify workplace hazards and lead the development and implementation of prevention programs.
- Conduct return to work coordinator activities.
- Assist in providing specialist advice on Safety Interface coordination, worksite protection, rolling stock and rail transport operator accreditation requirements.
- Provide direction to the Project Leadership Team to develop and implement adequate WHS and Rail Safety training
- Investigation of WHS and Rail Safety related occurrences and events and provide specialist advice on corrective actions
- Maintain records of all WHS and Rail Safety requirements at the work place, in accordance with legislative company requirements and provide statistical summaries of these records
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Railway Construction Safety
- Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- High attention to detail
- Great communication skills
You are a driven & diligent professional. This is a project environment, so we need a positive person with a great work ethic & a pro-active nature.
Please APPLY immediately, or if you have any further questions please contact Stuart Alpen on 02-9431-6518.