My client is a market leading organisation and a distributor of wholesale building products. With a standout brand across the industry, their Head Office is located in Western Sydney with multiple state based sites across the country. The organisation is currently going through various business optimisation initiatives and the need for a motivated Purchasing Officer has recently arisen with a view to support the Supply Chain Team.
Your primary function is to provide a timely and cost effective purchasing service to support the branch channel and to ensure a reliable flow of products from supplier to customer.
- Placement of orders with suppliers
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers
- Inventory record maintenance within their ERP
- Assist with reduction of slow moving and obsolete stock
- Assist purchasing Supervisor with ad hoc tasks and deliverables.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exposure to above mentioned responsibilities gained in a large company
- Excellent communication skills and a customer centric attitude
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a team
- Developed systems skills and a confident user of MS Excel
- Proactive and results orientated
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519