My client is an ASX listed business that has been leading a niche market in the manufacturing space for the last 50 years. With multiple manufacturing sites locally, they have a strong market share of a number of complex engineered products. Due to a restructure of the Procurement Team, there is a new position available for an exceptional Purchasing Manager to join the team.
Reporting to the Supply Chain manager, you will oversee the purchasing function for 2 manufacturing sites. Your duties will encompass:
- Managing the purchasing of materials and components to meet customer requirements
- Building relationships with suppliers to maintain control around delivery, timing, volumes, and pricing
- Understand the overall purchasing requirements for multiple projects
- Placing purchase orders to cover all BOM and non-BOM materials
- Ensure a smooth process through shipping/logistics/freight
- Communicating with clients & suppliers around any purchasing issues
- Monitor spend per supplier and be involved in negotiations
- Process & Systems Improvement is a key project they are looking at
- Maintain purchasing policies, procedures and process documents ensuring compliance to AS9100 and ISO9001 accreditations
The successful candidate will possess 5+ years' experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment. You will have a supply chain certification or qualification (Degree or APICS). The company has a very "real" culture, and will hire someone who is down to earth, easy going, who can slot in seamlessly with a "well-oiled machine".
If you are interested please apply today, or if you have any questions please contact Stuart Alpen on 02-9431-6518.