My client is a market leading organisation and multinational manufacturer and distributor of consumer products. With a standout brand across the globe their Australian Head Office is located in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The organisation is currently going through various business optimisation and process improvement initiatives and the need for an experienced Purchasing Manager has arisen to support the local and regional management team.
Reporting to the Regional Supply Chain Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting, Planning & Ordering.
- Control the spending and ordering according to budget.
- Coordinate logistics from door to door.
- Work with Catalogue/Product Managers to develop new products
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust demand forecast according to sales data
- Review and monitor vendor performance
- Arrange material and equipment shipping and logistics worldwide
Preferred Skills and Experience
You will be a proven Purchasing Manager with a strong track record of success. With experience and exposure to managing staff you will have delivered on the above mentioned responsibilities and enjoy the challenges of an evolving and changing environment. You will be industry qualified and will possess:
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Team and Department management experience
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work with people across all levels of the business
- Sound understanding of ERP/WMS systems
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 0422 927 603