My client is a market leading organisation and multinational manufacturer and distributor of consumer products. With a standout brand across the globe, their Regional Head Office is located in Western Sydney with multiple state based sites across the continent and region. The organisation is currently going through various business optimisation initiatives and the need for an experienced Purchasing and Planning Advisor has recently arisen with a view to support the Supply Chain Team.
You will be responsible for the cost efficient and timely procurement of their products and manage third party supplier's shipments to ensure they are cost effective and efficiently managed through the supply chain. In detail you will:
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with strategic suppliers
- Cost reduction and service improvement through supplier sourcing, performance management and strategic purchasing
- Continuously analyse data from all available sources with a focus on identifying areas for improvement, researching root causes and identifying solutions
- Review indirect spend. Identify cost saving and value improving/optimizing indirect spend opportunities.
- Run expediting, confirmation, delivery reminders daily, PIFOT reports daily and update ERP/MRP systems
- Participating in identifying developing, piloting, testing and implementing procurement tools.
- Support procurement needs for NPD/NPI Projects as required.
- Propose ideas to improve efficiencies within purchasing function
The ideal candidate will have:
- Education and qualification in a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role within Retail, Distribution or FMCG business
- Procurement, Planning, Warehouse & Distribution, shipping experience & contract execution
- Exposure to the Sales & Operations Planning process
- Mandarin communication skills
- Ability to influence with impact
- Proactive and results orientated
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519