About the company
My client represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise. They are a very well respected USD 4.0 billion company with 100,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. They pride themselves to be amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2014 List.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in client portfolio, an exciting opportunity has come up in one of their tier 1 client in Brisbane. They are urgently looking for mid-level Project Manager - Infrastructure with experience working in Datacentre projects to support their client's critical project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day task management of medium-large sized engagements. The PM will ensure the project scope is defined, create and manage the project plans, and provide direction to all members of the team in IT Infrastructure space. We are looking for the following attributes in the successful candidate:
This is a multidimensional role mandating that the candidate have the following skills:
- 3+ years of ICT project management experience
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP, Prince2, CPPM, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including documentation.
- 2+ years of experience delivering end-to-end projects within infrastructure and/or networks
- Demonstrated experience managing projects involving multiple system technologies (e.g. Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, etc.) and network technologies (e.g. Cisco/HP products, IBM/Dell platforms, LAN/WAN/VOIP networks, VMware/AIX/SVC, etc.)
- Experience working in data centre and cloud computing/virtualisation projects
- Strong multi-vendor stakeholder management experience
- Demonstrated experience with project management methodologies (e.g. PMBOK, Prince2, Agile, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- University degree demonstrating analytical capability is preferred
- PMI PMP® or Prince2 practitioner accreditation preferred;
- Can articulate Project Management methodology - processes, practices, team management, project delivery phases
- Must have experience executing 4-5 Infrastructure projects.
- Extensive infrastructure project experience
- Experience with Server Upgrades, Server Consolidation and Data Centre relocations in a large or global environment is essential
- Experience managing projects involving moving to Cloud (AWS, Azure) or in a virtualisation environment (VMWare, Hyper - V)
- Very strong meeting facilitation skills and ability to run client workshops of up to 10 people to
This is an exciting opportunity with good work culture and has excellent work life balance. My client is interviewing candidates at the moment with an intention to hire the right candidate as soon as possible. If you have worked as a Project Manager in Infrastructure space and are after a great career opportunity with excellent work culture, then please apply immediately or for a confidential discussion, please contact Nathan Sabherwal on 02 9431 6525. Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens apply for this position.