Our client is a specialised manufacturing business within the Engineering & Construction industry. The company has a growing market and reputation both locally and abroad for their quality & innovative products. Due to this expansion they are looking for a Procurement / Logistics Manager to join the team and take ownership of the function across their 3 sites.
This is a newly created role which will see you take ownership across the procurement/logistics of raw materials, finished goods, office supplies and facilities maintenance services. You will have end to end accountability for the function with your responsibilities including:
- Developing and maintaining strategies ensuring delivery across all site KPI's
- Management and development of relationships with suppliers and drive price negotiations
- End-to-end execution from purchasing materials (both locally & abroad), processing orders and stock movements in the system, tracking & logistics, availability for production
- Initiating and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide analysis, insight, support and category representation to key internal stakeholders and at company meetings
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of strategies
- Development, management and execution of long term growth initiatives.
- Database maintenance & systems improvements
- Ensure vendor compliance is in line with company procurement policy
- Managing 1-2 staff in time as the position develops
Being a newly created role the ideal candidate will be confident with his own abilities and have exposure and experience with the above responsibilities, ideally from a manufacturing / engineering / machinery / parts environment. Exposure to ERP systems and strong Excel is a plus. You will have an outstanding ability to communicate and partner with a number of different business units. The culture is fast paced & energetic so will be need to be able to cope with a busy environment. You need to be self-motivated with be ability to work autonomously and as part of a broader team.
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519.