My client is an ASX listed business that has been leading a niche market in the manufacturing space for the last 50 years. The company has tripled in size over the last 5 years due to a strong market share of a number of specialty products. Due to an internal restructure and an influx of major projects, they are looking for an exceptional Procurement Manager to join the team as soon as possible on a temporary basis to start with. There is an opportunity for the right person to go permanent.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for establishing a year on year strategic sourcing/purchasing plan to achieve corporate goals. Your duties will encompass:
- Drive supply chain cost reduction and develop the supplier assessment/approval system
- Build, manage and maintain supplier relationships to support the procurement and sourcing of materials and components as required
- Ensure all customers and internal requirements are clearly communicated, understood and adhered to by suppliers and service providers via appropriate commercial instruments
- Manage national and international commercial negotiations and create and manage contractual agreements and tenders in relation to procurement activities for current and new programs
- Risk assessment, management and mitigation in relation to suppliers and service managers aiming to reduce the overall impact of procurement risks
- Preparation and/or conducting tenders as well as the setting up of suppliers or service providers in relation to any current or new projects
- Providing transparent and responsive communication with the Purchasing team in relation to any changes to commercial conditions with a supplier
- Ensuring all supplier activities and internal procurement policies, procedures and processes are compliant with AS9100/ISO9001
The successful candidate will possess 5+ years' experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment. You will be degree or diploma in any associated purchasing field . The business is going through a huge growth phase, so the person coming in needs to be able to quickly adapt to an extremely fast paced environment.
If you are interested please apply today, or if you have any questions please contact Stuart Alpen on 02-9431-6518.