Our client is a well-regarded boutique consultancy, offering a specific offering to their clients in the Transportation sector. Their continued success, growth of business and ever expanding portfolio has created an opportunity to join the team as a Principal Systems Engineering Consultant.
Reporting to the State Manager, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of high quality systems engineering services to a range of clients. You will engage and manager stakeholders, elicit requirements, and develop systems engineering plans, requirements documentation and validation and verification specifications.
The company boasts an enviable reputation and has a portfolio of work spanning Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. They are growing, well-structured business, currently a team of 25, with further growth planned. A privately-owned business, with very hands on Directors, offering support and guidance to the team.
You will be responsible for the efficient delivery of high quality systems engineering services to clients, particularly in the area of requirements management processes and the use of IBM Rational DOORS.
Help with the growth and development of future business by assisting with tender and sales activities, identifying opportunities for new or follow-on work, following up leads, and fostering good relationships with clients and potential clients.
You will be confident and demonstrate a competency in the delivery of systems engineering, systems integration, system architecture, requirements definition and analysis.
Development of sound relationships with government agencies, clients, industry network, external stakeholders, sub consultants and other related stakeholders will see you succeed in this role.
Skills and Expertise
You hold a degree, ideally in an engineering or related field; IT/ Electronics.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of systems engineering processes and standards, such as the INCOSE handbook, CENELEC 50126, IEC 15288, ISO/IEC 26702 (IEEE 1220).
- Well-developed analytical and judgment skills for solving complex problems and evaluating alternative courses of action.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- Industry specific memberships would be highly regarded, though not essential.
- Advanced skills and experience with the use of IBM Rational DOORS.
- IBM Rational certification and expertise in other IBM Rational software products.
- Experience in rail and transport projects.
- Working knowledge of safety assurance and demonstration processes.
- Commercial experience in business development activities.
- Previous experience in a consultancy.
- Clear communication skills, written and verbal.
- 7+ years industry experience.
People like working here due to the collaborative nature and supportive management style, the 'family feel' of the business and the impact they have on the environment and community in which they work.
Biannual company-wide conference brings the team together to share ideas and success stories.
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 20 days' holiday + the option to buy a further 5.
- Money towards mobile/internet plan.
What to do next...
Do not delay, for more information on this role or other similar positions, contact Thomas McKenzie on 02 9431 6516 and quote reference JO-1807-399271. CV's should be submitted by clicking the 'apply now' button.