Our client is a well-regarded entity, offering a specific range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to the clients and the communities in which they work. Their continued success, growth of the business and ever expanding portfolio of projects has created an opening within the Transport and Resources team for a highly-motivated Principal/Senior Human Factors Consultant.
- Play a key role in exciting rail, transportation & other engineering projects
- Friendly, dynamic engineering and management consultancy
- Attractive remuneration package, and great opportunities for career growth
A highly regarded professional engineering consultancy, with a portfolio of work across a range of transportation, rail and related projects.
- You will be responsible for the efficient delivery of high quality human factors / human systems engineering services to clients, particularly human factors integration. You will engage and manage stakeholders, elicit requirements, apply appropriate human factors methods and techniques pragmatically, and develop human factors integration plans, analysis and evaluation reports and human factors issues logs as evidence of human factors integration.
- You will exercise a high degree of independence in approach, using considerable originality, ingenuity and judgment to formulate solutions or resolve complex human factors issues. Your work products will be accurate and authoritative, requiring minimal supervision to achieve successful outcomes for our clients.
- You will help develop and grow the business by assisting with tender and sales activities, identifying opportunities for new or follow-on work, following up leads, and fostering good relationships with clients and potential clients.
- Collaborative and colligative, able to work as part of a growing team of like-minded professionals, striving for excellence to deliver solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in human factors / ergonomics or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of human factors integration processes and standards
- Advanced skills and experience with the following:
- Planning for and managing human factors activities across the project lifecycle
- Establishing and documenting contexts of use / concept of operations, and human factors / user requirements
- Facilitation and delivery of workshops
- Research and benchmarking
- Stakeholder and user engagement, including workshop facilitation and training
- Human factors methods including task analysis, human error identification, communications analysis, training needs analysis
- Iterative design evaluation, including physical ergonomic assessments, HCI evaluation, implementation prototyping and usability trials
- Well-developed analytical and judgment skills for solving complex problems and evaluating alternative courses of action
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills including negotiating trade-off solutions with other disciplines to optimise design solution
- Membership of professional body, such as HFESA, HFES, IEA or equivalent
- Professional certification (CPE) or equivalent, or working towards certification
- Post graduate qualifications in systems engineering or human factors related fields
- Cert IV in training and assessment
- Experience in rail and transport projects
- Previous experience in consultant organisations
- Good knowledge and understanding of systems engineering and assurance processes and standards, such as the INCOSE handbook, CENELEC 50126 and IEC 15288, Engineering Safety Management (iESM)
For further information, please call Thomas McKenzie on 02 9431 6516 or apply via the link below, quoting Job Application number JO 1804 392137.