About the Client and Role
Our client, a major global IT business, is embarking on a number of major database deployment projects, and, as a result, is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA to work on this exciting and challenging undertaking. This initial 6+ month contract opportunity (with potential to go permanent) will be based in their North Shore offices.
- 3+ years of work experience as a PostgreSQL DBA, providing support to mission-critical applications and databases
- Solid and proven skills in managing database lifecycles - builds, patching, backups, recoveries and tuning.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative IT environment.
- Experience in other RDBMS, including MySQL and Oracle.
- Prior knowledge of non-relational database technologies like MongoDB, Hadoop, and Cassandra will be a plus.
- Prior knowledge of common cloud platforms like AWS, Azure will be a plus.
- Working experience of Operating systems like Linux, Windows and Solaris.
- Expert in providing day-to-day support and maintenance for PostgreSQL databases.
- Prior experience of pre-sales and consulting services.
- Proactively and work independently on tasks is important along with strong customer focus.
- Can deliver training on PostgreSQL.
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL/Database Architecture and latest trends.
- Proactive monitoring of Postgres databases for performance and scalability.
- Hands on experience in backup, performance tuning and disaster recovery tools and procedures.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, technical presentation and time management skills.
- Ability to break down complex concepts and data and make them accessible to others.
- Ability to produce consistent results with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment with varying requirements and deadlines
How to Apply If you are after a great career opportunity with an excellent work culture, then please apply now!!. For a confidential discussion, please contact Andy Crothers on 02 9431 6535.
en world is a specialist recruitment agency specialising in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.