About the Client and Role
Our client, a major global IT business, is embarking on a number of major database deployment projects, and, as a result, is looking for a PostgreSQL DBA to work on this exciting and challenging undertaking. This initial 6+ month contract opportunity (with potential to go permanent) will be based in their Northern Sydney offices.
- Build, Deploy, Configure and Maintain PostgreSQL database deployments
- Provide customers with clear, detailed and high value solutions
- Design deployment, backup and replication scenarios
- Propose and implement high availability solutions
- Migrate databases from other RDBMS to Postgres
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with MySQL
- Demonstrated experience as a DBA
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with backup and replication solutions (i.e. Streaming Replication)
- Experience with tools such as PgBouncer, Nagios etc.
- Experience in other RDBMS or NoSQL/BigData productions
How to Apply
If you are after a great career opportunity with an excellent work culture, then please apply. For a confidential discussion, please contact the National IT Candidate Manager, David Pace-Feraud on 02 9431 6549.
en world is a specialist recruitment agency specialising in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.