About the Company
My client represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise. They are a very well respected USD 4.0 billion company with 100,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. They pride themselves to be amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2014 List.
About the Role
Because of their immense growth in client portfolio, an exciting opportunity has come up within one of their tier 1 partners within the telecommunications industry. They are urgently looking for an experienced PL/SQL Developer to support their client's key projects by designing, developing, troubleshooting, and debugging software programs and scripts. The role is based in the Melbourne CBD, and is an initial 6-month contract with high probability of long-term contract extension.
The successful candidate will critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth and develop/support complex systems following best practices to ensure a high-quality end product. Specific responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Developing application framework code mostly in Oracle and PL/SQL, along with other web development technologies
- Participating in code reviews
- Engaging actively in the technical decision making process
- Participating in technical discussions and providing feedback depending on the needs of the team/department
- Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Strong Oracle SQL and Oracle PL/SQL programming fundamentals
- Solid understanding of product life cycle and QA processes/methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Windows Operating system
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
How to Apply
My client would like to interview candidates ASAP with an intention to hire the right candidate as soon as possible. Please note that only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens will be considered for this position. If you are after a great career opportunity with an excellent work culture, then please apply. For a confidential discussion, please contact Nathan Sabherwal on 02 9431 6525.
en world is a boutique recruitment agency specialising in IT, Accounting, Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We pride ourselves in helping thousands of candidates to find their ideal roles