About the Client and Role
Our client, a global IT consultancy, is looking for a PL/SQL Developer to work on an exciting and challenging undertaking for one of their major partners within the telco domain. This role is a 6+ month contract position, and will be based in the partner's Melbourne CBD offices.
The successful candidate will be competent in all aspects of PL/SQL development, and will have had significant experience as an individual contributor to the projects they have worked on. They will have also come primarily from a development background in regards to PL/SQL, as this is not a support role.
The successful candidate will critique software components and interfaces in great technical depth and develop complex systems following best practices to ensure a high-quality end product.
Specific responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Developing application framework code mostly in Oracle and PL/SQL, along with other web development technologies
- Participating in code reviews
- Engaging actively in the technical decision making process
- Participating in technical discussions and providing feedback depending on the needs of the team/department
- Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
Please note that the client is looking for candidates with the majority of their PL/SQL experience in development (at least 90%), rather than support. Candidates who come primarily from a PL/SQL support background will not be considered for this role.
In addition to strong PL/SQL development experience, successful candidates will also possess the following:
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Strong Oracle SQL programming fundamentals
- Solid understanding of product life cycle and QA processes/methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Windows Operating system
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
If you are after a great career opportunity with an excellent work culture, then please apply or contact David Pace-Feraud on 02 9431 6549 for more information. en world is a boutique recruitment agency specialising in IT, Accounting, Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We pride ourselves in helping thousands of candidates to find their ideal roles