Your new company
This residential aged care provider is based in Sydney's Upper North Shore and operates several facilities.
Your new role
The Payroll Officer reports into the Payroll Manager and handles of payroll operations for over 1,000 staff together with a team of other payroll officers. In this busy, hands-on role you will be servicing employees typical of a health or aged care related industry such as; managers, nurses, allied health professional, hospitality workers, laundry staff, therapy assistants, general operational staff and office administration. Your day-to-day duties will include;
- End-to-end payroll processing and preparation
- Monthly payroll administration using Chris 21 and a Time and Attendance System
- Handling pay related queries and resolving any issues with a high degree of professionalism
- Clearly explaining payroll related concepts and EBA conditions to staff and managers
- Taking ownership of the payroll function including special projects and system upgrades
- Producing payroll and labor costing reports
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to demonstrate several years' recent experience working within a medium to large scale shift-based multi-site operation. Experience within the Health, Aged-care or hospitality industry is very highly regarded. You will be able to demonstrate experience with a major payroll and time and attendance system (such as Chris 21 would be ideal) and possess strong Excel skills. You will already possess permanent Australian residency and work rights.
What you'll get in return
This role offers an immediate start, competitive remuneration and the potential to become a long term on-going project based contract.