Your new company
This Australian owned company has a long track record of providing nationwide staffing solutions within the Civil, Infrastructure, Construction and Mining sectors. Due to growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join a medium sized team who are based in the Blacktown area on a permanent full-time basis.
Your new role
You will support the Payroll Manager in full function payroll and on-billing duties including;
- Processing time sheets (Personally managing weekly payroll and on-billing for up to 1-200 contract staff),
- Responding to payroll and billings related enquires via phone, e-mail and face-to-face.
- Input of daily and weekly time sheets for processing while adhering to EBA and AWU award rulings
- Allocation of additional shifts and altering allocations
- Ensuring that Allocations/Bookings department to ensure all time sheets were received, allocated and accurate
- Creation and editing of invoices as well as managing client invoice inquiries
- Processing worker's compensation and deductions; training, salary sacrifice, child support and garnishees
- Management of employee records including Superfund set-up and completion of tax file number declarations
- Updating customer and staff master data
- Cross training with other members of staff and providing general team assistance when required.
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with streamlining systems and processes.
- Printing, scanning & electronic filing of time sheets & payroll/billing paperwork
- Payroll in-box management, general filing and data management duties
- Develop/Update forms, detailed work instructions and process guides
- Liaising with Payroll Manager and CFO to ensure pay and billing runs are accurate and executed smoothly
What you will need to succeed
If you thrive on operating in an exciting, hands-on fast paced environment then we want to hear from you! You will pride yourself on being 100% reliable, able to hit deadlines and providing top-notch customer service to payroll or billings related queries. You will systems savvy and confident navigating any mid-tier or cloud based time & attendance/billing and finance system. You will be an team player with a fantastic communication skills a and "Can-do" mindset. Career Payroll Officers with limited Australian local experience are also welcome to apply!
What you will get in return
You will be offered a permanent opportunity with a supportive learning and development culture. The salary for this position is 45-50K + Super and the successful candidate will be available for an ASAP start! Free on site parking is available!
What you need to do now
Please upload your resume by clicking "apply now". Please submit your resume prior to calling Niki De Zilva on 94316517 to discuss. Niki is also available on LinkedIn Messages to handle queries.