Your new company
This Australian owned company has a long track record of providing nationwide staffing solutions within the Civil, Infrastructure, Construction and Mining sectors. Due to growth, we are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join a medium sized team who are based in the Blacktown area on a permanent full-time basis.
Your new role
You will support the Payroll Manager in full function nationwide payroll and on-billing duties including;
- Personally managing weekly payroll and on-billing for up to 200 contract staff)
- Handling payroll and billings related queries (phone, e-mail and face-to-face)
- Processing daily / weekly time sheets and pay details
- Adhering to EBA and AWU award rulings
- Allocation of additional shifts and altering allocations
- Ensure all time sheets were received, allocated and accurate
- Creation and editing of invoices as well as managing client invoice inquiries
- Processing workers' compensation and deductions
- Employee record management; superfund, banking and tax set-up
- Cross training with other staff
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with streamlining systems and processes.
- Printing, scanning & electronic filing of time sheets & payroll/billing paperwork
- Develop/Update forms, detailed work instructions and process guides
- Liaising with Payroll Manager and CFO to ensure pay/billing runs are executed smoothly
What you will need to succeed
If you thrive on operating in an exciting, hands-on fast paced environment then we want to hear from you! You will pride yourself on hitting deadlines and providing fast turn-around for client queries. You will systems savvy and confident navigating a mid-tier time & attendance and payroll/finance system. You will be an team player with a fantastic communication skills a and "Can-do" mindset. Career Payroll Officers who possess Australian Permanent Residency but limited Australian local experience are also welcome to apply!
What you will get in return
You will be offered a permanent opportunity with full systems training and a supportive learning and development culture. The salary for this position will be determined according to the depth of relevant experience. There is on-site parking available!
What you need to do now
Please upload your resume by clicking "apply now". Please submit your resume prior to calling Niki De Zilva on 94316517 to discuss. Niki is also available on LinkedIn Messages to handle queries.