About the company
My client represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise. They are a very well respected USD 4.0 billion company with 100,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. They pride themselves to be amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2014 List.
Multiple contract opportunities available for experienced Network Engineers (approx. 10yrs exp) working in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. You will be degree/masters qualified, hold a network qualification (CCNA/CCNP), and a confident communicator, with a good command of the English language. The successful candidates will be experienced working within a team environment, have the ability to work independently when required and be comfortable performing under pressure.
- Ownership of root cause analysis process, and ensure remediation of major issues. Ability to provide assistance in a support capacity with problem and incident resolution and assume major incident and problem ownership and accountability
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the production environment and lead the daily operations of the production environment
- Be available for after-hours support, on-call, and perform maintenance
- Participate in Change Advisory Board Review Meetings with customer
- Build monitoring tools to ensure system availability, resource utilization and capacity
- Create network services dashboard providing insights into capacity, activities, and SLA measurements
- Perform upgrades on Cisco routers/switches/WLC whenever required
- Drive continuous improvement and process change suggestion to management
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Configure and implement the backup tools for auto configuration on Network device
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Ability to handle multiple projects within timeline
- Documenting the issues, creating the knowledge base articles and updating the inventory
- Manage Data Center operations for hardware installation and during maintenance whenever required
Technical skills/requirements include:
- L2/L3 Switching - STP, RSTP, PVSTP, MSTP, IGMP, Multicast
- Routing - WAN/LAN (OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, Static and MPLS)
- Must have intermediate to advance Configuring and Troubleshooting knowledge of switches and routers in a network production environment (HP - 5900, 5700, 5100 switches, Cisco 3850, 3650, 2960 Switches, Cisco 2900 to 4300 series routers)
- Cisco Wireless - WLC, Access Points
- Cisco Prime / ISE / Cisco Callmanager and ARC console
- Monitoring Tools - Manage Engine (PRTG), Solarwinds NPM, CACTI, HP NNMi
- WAN Optimization
- Experience in Cisco Unified Collaboration and voice would be an advantage
- Ticketing Tools - Lan desk etc.,
- Basic to intermediate skill in troubleshooting Cisco Callmanager, Cisco Unity, Cisco UCCX and Presence (Jabber) is desirable.
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills (the ability to think logically through a problem) and must have the initiative, perseverance and commitment to see problems through to resolution.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 0061 2 9431 6525. en world is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.