My client is a market leading organisation and multinational manufacturer and distributor of consumer products. With a standout brand across the globe their Head Office and Manufacturing plant is located in South Eastern Melbourne with distribution sites across the country. The organisation is currently going through various business optimisation initiatives and the need for an experienced National Warehouse and Logistics has arisen with a view to lead the function for the group.
Reporting directly to the Supply Chain Manager and leading a team of 4 State Based Managers you and your team are a critical link within the Supply Chain of the organisation ensuring product availability and delivery. In detail you will be responsible for:
- End to end analysis of the national warehousing and logistics operations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and implement national warehouse strategy to support the ongoing business plan.
- Develop and manage national warehouse & logistics budgets with state warehouse managers
- Review & optimise replenishment planning & execution to minimise freight spend.
- Develop and set warehouse operating standards using LEAN methods
- Continuously monitor the efficiency within warehouse operations to identify opportunities for improvement and cost reduction.
- Provide effective leadership and coaching to team members
- Develop national training & development plans for warehouse operational staff.
- Develop, write and implement warehouse procedures and policies including OH&S compliance.
Preferred Skills and Experience
You will be a proven National Warehouse and Inventory Manager with a strong track record of success. With experience and exposure to managing staff you will have delivered on the above mentioned responsibilities and enjoy the challenges of an evolving and changing environment. You will be industry qualified and will possess:
- 5-10 years' experience in a similar role within a large MNC
- Multi Site distribution exposure
- Team and Department management experience
- Functional P&L Management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Sound understanding of ERP/WMS systems
If you have the above experience and interested in hearing what is on offer please apply today. For any questions please call Aiden Szot on 0422 927 603.