- Convenient North Shore location
- Engineering / R&D culture, excellent facilities, team leadership
- DOORS, DSP, Matlab, C++, TCP/IP, real-time systems, electronics
Move into this new team lead, software and systems engineering role in a medium sized Sydney R&D team with a focus on developing sophisticated electronics systems used for defence and civilian purposes around the world. You will need a strong systems engineering background, ideally with experience in areas like digital signal processing and algorithm development (Matlab, Python), software (modern C++, Linux, Windows) or hardware engineering (FPGA and PCB design). The position offers a wide range of senior and hands-on responsibilities, as you lead and guide mixed disciplinary teams on critical product development projects.
- Team leadership
- Customer engagement and requirements engineering
- Detailed Design
- Technical ownership - a commitment to finding the best solution and optimal quality
- Hands-on design and development
- Formal code review and QA work
- Project delievery and after-sales support
- Systems engineering experience
- Lead experience
- Experience in DSP, software engineering or hardware design (in order of preference)
- An ability to design elegant solutions to complex engineering problems
- Small company experience - ability to work in an agile, commercial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A relevant engineering or computer science degree
- Australian citizenship (for security clearance purposes)
Additional experience in areas like audio signal processing, image processing, avionics, acoustics, radar, or sonar would be helpful.
For more information on this role and to find out about other similar positions, please contact Daryl Hubber on 02-9431-6507. All documents should be sent in MS Word format.
Please note that applications from candidates without Australian citizenship will be ignored.