Our client, a well-established global sales and distribution company based in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne is looking for an experienced HR & WHS Manager to work hand in hand with the National HR Manager. The company has a global footprint with a strong brand name in Australia and worldwide with branches in over 15 countries.
Reporting directly to the National HR Manager you will be required to support the Australian operation which includes a small manufacturing site. They are looking for someone who can juggle multiple sites and projects within HR, while focusing on operational HR matters.
This includes the full scope of HR functions such as:
- Key focus on developing and implementing a new WHS policy,
- WHS monthly reporting and tracking
- Full disciplinary and grievance function
- Understand and interpret industrial awards
- Design and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Reporting, budgeting and record keeping,
- Performance management,
- Succession and retention planning,
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years' experience in a HR BP or HR Generalist role, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the Australian workplace
- You will have a proven background partnering across a regional area, preferably in a manufacturing or sales and distribution company
- You will have a degree / diploma in HR or related discipline - preferable
- Excellent knowledge of the Fairwork Act, Australian Workplace Law and relevant Awards
- Capability to plan effectively, prioritise and to deliver in a timely and efficient manner
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective WHS & HR policies
- Outstanding communication skills, and the ability to work with people on all levels in the business
- Ability to multitask in a highly pressurized environment
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights for Australia.
If you are looking for an attractive career making move and challenging new role this is the position for you. If you would like to hear more about this role or other HR related positions, please call Caryn Smith on (02) 9431 6505. T