Head of Sales
Sydney, NSW - CBD
We're currently looking for a Head of Sales to coach a team of Media Sales Executives, Sales Operations, and Sales Leads to join one of the world's largest and most respected media, events, and insights organisations. The media network features several websites, mobile sites/apps, and several print titles, as is renowned for being a leader in conference and exhibition management.
The publisher is a recognized innovator that brings trust and transparency to media and marketing by empowering businesses. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a seasoned Senior Media Sales Professional wanting to take the next step up in their career or an experienced Sales Manager who has been managing a sales team.
The company culture is inclusive, dynamic and is based on a set of values that guide relationships with clients, their customers, and each other.
Enjoy a fast-paced career that offers exciting professional development and career growth opportunities.
You will be responsibility for the P&L of the advertising business. The ideal candidate has experience building a team, and is excited about owning a high revenue strategy. Also the person should have extensive experience advising senior-level advertisers / corporate customers.
- Hire, train and coach a team of Media Sales Executives on their sales ability including managing metrics
- Direct and manage sales support activities for digital and print products as well as initiating processes to identify new business opportunities
- Review competitive activity for print, online and media offerings - develop and recommend improvements to reporting dashboards that track performance and provide sales with new business prospects
- Evaluate the sales team on their ability to make an assigned number of dials per day and meet a set amount of available phone time
- Manage your team to individual metrics via coaching, mentoring and counseling
- Maintains proper scheduling of resources and manage the sales team to maintain program service levels in answering calls. Ensure that team receives proper training to maintain program and personal growth
- Manage and monitor resource requirements within advertising sales function to ensure adequate support to achieve sales goals
- Minimum 1 year experience managing a team of media sales executives and over 10 years' experience selling advertising (print, digital, programmatic, events)
- Exposure to B2B Media Sales/Trade Publications
- Experience building, managing, and motivating advertising teams (preferably at another publisher)
- Experienced in recruiting, coaching, and developing Media Sales Executives
- Demonstrate track record in building an ad sales business with holding sales executives in closing >$30,000 a month
- Deep understanding of online advertising tools and processes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Immaculate Communication Skills, both written and verbal
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
What's In It For You?
- Outstanding salary package and benefits
- CBD Sydney Location - cool, funky office with fun, smart people
- Committed to career development and ongoing learning
- Frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders at though-leader events
- Join a respected organisation with publications that generate a global reach
- The team is well-known for their richness of diversity, experiences and talents
- Regular company outings
If you are Sales Manager with experience managing a team of media sales professionals, we're interested in speaking with you. APPLY NOW!
If you would like to learn more, you can contact Felipe Gamez on 02 9431 6549 for a confidential discussion.