A leading International bank is currently expanding their Australian presence and looking for an experienced Internal Control and Compliance Head to join their Australian head office, based in Sydney. The bank covers a wide range of Corporate and Institutional Banking products and services and the position will report to the Chief Risk Officer and lead a small team. A hands on role with a broad spectrum of responsibility they are ideally looking for a candidate capable of stepping up to this level of role and lead by example. They will aslo consider candidates with suitable experience from Inter state and New Zealand.
- Work with management and staff to identify and manage all regulatory, Internal Control and Head Office Identified Risks.
- Design and implement controls to protect the bank from regulatory, internal and external risks.
- Manage all ASIC,APRA and AUSTRAC reporting subjects on a timely basis, maintain good relationships with regulators
- Provide an in-house compliance service that effectively supports.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of all risk controls
- Advise on Compliance rules and Internal controls
- Assist First line in developing policies by initiating, reviewing and contributing to the improvement and enhancement of the bank's processes, risk management and compliance culture.
- Ensure all staff are trained and educated on existing and new regulations and internal compliance procedures.
- Proven experience and exposure to Corporate & Institutional Banking gained locally ideally within a foreign bank
- Strong people management experience
- In-depth understanding of Australian financial market and regulatory landscape that's impacting a foreign institution
- Broad knowledge of financial products and services of Front Office
- Previous hands-on experience on compliance policy and framework development / implementation for a bank
- Relevant tertiary degree and education
If you are interested to find out more about the role and hear about what is on offer for you, please apply or call Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519.