One of the world's largest and most experienced mineral processors, our client strives for the sensible use of natural resources, acting socially responsible and continuously improving its operations, products and services to conduct business in a sustainable way.
Reporting to the Area Chief Geologist, the core functions of the role will be to ensure the identification (Prospecting), assessment (exploration and modelling) and development of mineral reserves to meet current and future demands.
Your responsibilities will incorporate the following areas;
- Building and maintaining geological and quality models for all mineral deposits
- Assessment of third party raw materials to ensure quality, quantity and timeliness of outputs
- Working with the Mining Engineer to assess quality variations in the quarries
Exploration Research and Documentation;
- Geological prospection and exploration programs
- Surface Mapping off active quarries using software such as Surpac mine planning and ArcGIS
- Collect and present relevant information in land management and geo-graphical information system databases
- Manage and execute the geology projects in alignment with the regional priorities
- Management of project costs, timeliness and quality of analysis
You will be a degree qualified geological engineer, with a Master's degree highly regarded with a minimum of seven years' relevant experience. You will be someone that enjoys working in the field and engaging with operations, not a desk bound Geologist! Your strong organizational and communication skills will enable you to work well across company functions.
For more information on this role and to find out about other similar positions, please contact Matt Gorrie on 02 9431 6508, and quote Ref No MG - 1809 - 402531.
CVs should be submitted by clicking the 'apply now' button below. All documents are required to be sent in MS Word format.