- Easy location, six-month contract
- Software Defined Radio, Signal Processing
- Xilinx ISE, VHDL, high-speed design, DSP, RF Design, VHF
Rare part-time opportunity for a talented FPGA design engineer to work with a niche R&D group on the development of world-leading high-tech products. With offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, this well-established, highly successful company offers spacious offices with excellent labs and facilities. The role also promises stimulating technical challenges and the opportunity to work with a talented, focused team of software and hardware engineers.
This six-month contract role - with a strong likelihood of extension - is available immediately and requires a relevant background in RF design and digital signal processing. Ideally suited to a semi-retired engineer, a parent returning to the workforce or burnt-out HFT techs looking for better work-life balance, it may require some initial five day weeks while you come up to speed but will revert to three days per week for the remainder of the contract period.
- Strong FPGA design skills (VHDL, Xilinx)
- Experience in high-speed design and timing closure
- Knowledge of signal processing and software defined radio
- Experience with a variety of RF test equipment
- Experience with RF (UHF/VHF) design
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Xilinx ISE
- Experience with low level peripherals (e.g. 12C, SPI)
- VHF and PCB design (Altium)
- VHF circuit modelling
- Board level debugging and verification
For more information on this role and to find out about other full-time FPGA opportunities, please contact Daryl Hubber on 02-9431-6507. All documents should be sent in MS Word format.
Please note that Australian citizenship or Permanent Residency status is preferred, but exceptional candidates with existing short-term work visas will be considered.