My client, who is a leading construction company based in the heart of Sydney CBD is looking for a seasoned ER professional with experience working in the construction, engineering, manufacturing or heavy industry environment. You will manage activities designed to establish and maintain effective employee and labour relations through application of the Company's policies, practices and applicable agreements. This will be an initial 6-month contract with a strong possibility of going permanent thereafter.
- Advise and influence all levels of management around complex employee relations decisions, e.g.: business conduct, terminations, and HR policies, guidelines and practices
- Evaluate and review employment decisions in response to employee concerns
- Work with unions, employees and management to help mediate or resolve issues
- Conduct internal investigations on workplace situations and prepares all required documentation with a focus on issue resolution.
- Take lead with addressing grievances, disciplinary meetings, performance management and conflict resolution
- Provides recommendations for corrective action policy revision and/or improving employee relations management in the formal discipline or termination of employees
- Participate and manage union negotiations and disputes
- Formal qualification in a relevant field
- 3 - 5 years' employee relations experience in a construction, engineering, manufacturing or heavy industry environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian Employment Law, Fair Work Act and ER procedures and processes
- Experience in case management, investigations, compiling reports and recommendations
- Provide timely and accurate advice relating to industry specific awards and EBAs
- Strong problem solving abilities and tenacity to build solutions from scratch
- Flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment