About the company
My client represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise. They are a very well respected USD 4.0 billion company with 100,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. They pride themselves to be amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2014 List.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in client portfolio, an exciting opportunity has come up in one of their tier 1 Financial client in Melbourne. They are urgently looking for Devops Engineer to support their client's key business. Please note that this role is based in Melbourne CBD. You need to have experience in the following areas to be successful for this position:
- Strong DevOps experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines using a tech stack of GIT, AWS, Spring Boot, Jenkins, Artifactory and Java
- Experience working with AWS, creating CloudFormation templates and end-to-end Instructure-as-code-automation.
- Any knowledge on Kubernetes and Kafka is highly beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of Ansible
- Experience with microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker
- Environment performance monitoring and reporting.
- Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
- Ensure all systems, platforms and applications are compliant with and operating to relevant security and data protection standards
- Have -n-depth understanding of microservice architecture, API management and distributed systems concepts
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
- The ability to work independently with minimal management supervision and as part of a team of engineers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work in an agile environment, attending standups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
- Work closely with scrum masters, asset designers and data consulting team to determine platform requirements and priorities.
- Design and develop the code and structure for CI/CD enabling infrastructure as code.
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies relevant to the Service and proactively promote new tools and methodologies adoption
- Collect logs and metrics, build dashboards and monitor using Splunk, AppDynamnics and other tools.
- Work on ECS, Kubernetes, Istio, Kong and serverless technologies.
- Automate using Ansible, Python, Bash, Puppet and Packer.
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has experience working as a Devops consultant and has experience preferably in the Financial sector. Only Australian Permanent Residents/Citizens required for this role.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 0061 2 9431 6525. En world is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.