- Convenient North Shore location, excellent facilities
- Fast-paced commercial environment, team lead responsibilities
- DOORS, DSP, Matlab, C++, TCP/IP, real-time systems, electronics
Move into this new team lead, software / systems engineering role in a mid-sized Sydney R&D group with a focus on developing sophisticated electronics systems without office politics or big company red tape. You will need a strong systems and software engineering background, ideally in the defence sector, with extensive experience in either signal processing (Matlab or Python) or software engineering (modern C++). The position offers a wide range of senior responsibilities, as you lead and guide mixed discipline teams on critical product development projects.
- Team leadership
- Customer engagement and requirements engineering
- Detailed Design
- Technical ownership - a commitment to finding the best solution and optimal quality
- Formal code review and QA work
- Hands-on design and development
- Project delievery and after-sales support
- Strong systems engineering experience
- Additional experience in DSP, software engineering or hardware design (in order of preference)
- An ability to design elegant solutions to complex engineering problems
- Small company experience - ability to work in a nimble, commercial environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A relevant engineering or computer science degree
- Australian citizenship (for security clearance purposes)
Additional experience in areas like DSP algorithm design, image or audio signal processing, avionics, acoustics, radar, or sonar would be helpful.
For more information on this role and to find out about other similar positions, please contact Daryl Hubber on 02-9431-6507. All documents should be sent in MS Word format.
Please note that applications from candidates without Australian citizenship will be ignored.