This established and rapidly growing business has been leading a niche market in the services industry for the last 10 years. Located in Botany they are looking for a hands on Company Accountant with strong systems knowledge to join a team and own the finance and accounting function whilst managing the company's data integrity across 3 systems.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will oversee the accounting function of the business with the support of an external accountant. Your role will be varied and your duties will include:
- Finalise the P&L and Balance Sheet each month and also undertake year end accruals and provisions.
- Co-ordinate and manage the delivery of job profitability reports and provide insightful commentary to managing directors.
- Maintain the MYOB system and manage the integration of data between the accounting system and the job management system.
- Bank & General Ledger reconciliations
- Manage the monthly cashflow
- Collate and report on the yearly budget and also five-year plan.
- Manage the creditors and debtors ledger and chase any outstanding invoices.
- Manage the weekly payroll
- Liaising with internal and external clients on a daily basis
- Resolve all invoice enquires/issues with suppliers and customers.
- Project manage and streamline continuous improvement activities
Preferred Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will possess solid all-round accounting experience with a strong systems background. You will have exposure and experience with implementing, improving or consolidating systems with proven accountability around month end reporting. You will also have:
- Successful experience in similar position
- Developed systems skills and strong Excel knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is essential
- High focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management and organisational skills
If you have any further questions please contact Aiden Szot on 02-9431-6519