Our client is a leading construction company, forming part of a larger group.
We are seeking to appoint a Project Commercial Manager who will be based on the project on the North Coast of NSW.
Working in conjunction with their clients and partners, they are delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction/infrastructure industry, meaning they can offer significant and diverse work opportunities in the future.
They are currently looking to strengthen the offering within the Roads & Civils Business Unit for NSW/ACT.
You will be reporting to the Project Director, with accountabilities including, but not limited to;
- Full control of subcontract, supplier and consultant procurement and administration.
- Project cost control, forecasting and daily costing.
- RMS experience is essential.
- Control subcontract and ensure that all contracts meet the legal, commercial and corporate standards and agreed benchmarks
- Prepare and compile monthly progress claims and budget / cost reports for the Project Director's review and approval
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of the head contract and subcontracts. Train project staff on all rights and obligations
- Managing risk and opportunity to enhance final results
- Delivery of RMS road projects under both GC21 and D&C head contracts.
- Demonstrated competency in managing cost control, cost forecasting, variations/claims and proven ability to manage the forecasting process.
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring the contracts management and finance/admin teams on the project; and preparing and/or defending contractual claims, variations and extension of time.
- Advanced commercial strategy and implementation abilities.
Skills & Expertise
- 7+ years relevant and broad practical experience in the commercial management of medium to large sized (i.e. >$50M) civil infrastructure projects for either a tier 1 or 2 contractor.
- Commercially aware, you have strong communication skills, exceptional stakeholder management and negotiation capabilities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering/Construction Management/ Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Your previous experience within design & construct projects will ensure your success in this role.
People enjoy working here due to the collaborative culture, where team members are encouraged to be solutions focused and supported with innovative ways to work. The company is transforming, leveraging off a unique history of successful project delivery, building on strong foundations. The tender team is busy and the pipeline for the future is strong. To support the company mission and principles, talented individuals that are motivated and disciplined succeed here.
- Relocation assistance/LAFHA
- Market competitive salary
- Structured training and development
- Corporate employee discounts with a large number of providers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion, please hit the 'Apply Now' button, or call Thomas McKenzie on 02 9431 6516 quoting reference number - JO-1808-400567.