About the company
My client represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise. They are a very well respected USD 4.0 billion company with 100,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. They pride themselves to be amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2014 List.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in client portfolio, an exciting opportunity have come up in one of their tier 1 client in Sydney. They are urgently looking for an experienced multiple Cloudera Designers and Senior Developers to support their client's critical Business Intelligence business. Please note that the role is based in North Sydney. The successful candidates would need to have the following skill sets
Skills and Requirements
- Must have hands-on experience in Cloudera (v 5.12) - solutioning, design as well as development.
- Experience in HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, HBase.
- Experience in writing Hive script, Pig scripts, Sqoop jobs, Oozie jobs to schedule Hadoop jobs.
- Experience in Kafka message broker configuration, Flume ingestion configuration.
- Experience in using Spark Yarn.
- Strong knowledge of Linux shell scripting.
- Experience in performance fine-tuning of existing hive tables, hive scripts, pig scripts,
- Experience in NoSQL database HBase.
- Experience in developing batch jobs and real time jobs using MapReduce and Kafka
- Experience in working on real time data ingestion using Spark streaming.
- Experience in writing Scala/Python codes on top on Spark.
- Experience in cloudera distribution.
- Designing and developing high quality solutions
- Working with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Understanding high-level requirements
- Doing High-quality solution architecture and data architecture to meet business needs and requirements.
- Coordinating deployment and release planning activities.
- Work closely with other teams to develop and document solutions to problems.
- Maintain and improve overall quality of the code base
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
Culture and Benefits
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has Cloudera Design and Development experience and has worked in a telecommunication sector. If you are after a good work life balance and flexibility at work, and possess all the skills mentioned above, we would love to hear from you.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 02 9431 6525. En world is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.