About the company
My client represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology services and solutions, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise. They are a very well respected USD 4.0 billion company with 100,000+ professionals across 90 countries, helping over 800 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. They pride themselves to be amongst the Fab 50 companies in Asia as per the Forbes 2014 List.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in client portfolio, an exciting opportunity have come up in one of their tier 1 client in Sydney. They are urgently looking for an experienced Cloudera Administrator to support their client's critical Business Intelligence operations. This a permanent Full time position based in Macquarie Park. The successful candidates would need to have the following skill sets.
Skills and Requirements
- Upgrade, configure, manage, and administer Cloudera and Hadoop services
- Set-up, manage, and conduct performance tuning of Cloudera clusters
- Prior experience in Cloudera upgrades and cluster management using Cloudera Manager.
- Experience in HDFS, Mapreduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, NoSQL/HBase, Yarn, Spark, Scala, Python
- Experience in Kafka configuration , Flume configuration and deployment
- Hands-on experience in Backup, Restore, Cluster set-up, Performance tuning of the cluster, Alert and monitoring of any failures, Troubleshooting, Production deployment of code from non-prod to prod, Capacity planning, Scaling and administration (node addition, decommissioning/recommission, load balancing), etc
- Experience in HDFS support and maintenance.
- Hands-on Cloudera experience
- Experience in Hadoop/HDFS support and maintenance
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Experience in Kafka configuration (desirable)
- Experience in Flume configuration and deployment (desirable)
- Experience in any of the following (desirable): Mapreduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, NoSQL/HBase, Yarn, Spark, Scala, Python
Culture and Benefits
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has Cloudera Administration experience and has worked in the telecommunications sector. If you are after a good work life balance and flexibility at work, and possess all the skills mentioned above, we would love to hear from you.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 02 9431 6525.
En world is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.