My client is a market leader within their ever growing and expanding industry with years of history to draw upon they are currently looking at changing the playing field and reinventing their brand in the marketplace. The Category Manager for the business is critical and a key to the successful delivery of their short, mid and long term goals. You will partner well experienced internal teams across Marketing, Sales, Procurement, Engineering and Supply Chain and together provide tactical and strategic plans and knowledge to further enhance their market leading position.
Reporting to the National Marketing Manager this role will see you take ownership of the planning and implementation of marketing activities relating to your product categories and to drive profitable category growth; with detailed responsibilities being:
- Determine the key category drivers and trends.
- Conduct market research for inclusion in the annual category plans.
- Develop methodologies for calculating and tracking the market size and share of the categories.
- Monitor and analyse the market and competitive environment
- Recommend strategic direction for the category as input to the annual marketing plan.
- Prepare activity plans for all key target audiences: consumers, retailers, builders, etc.
- Prepare the annual category budget.
- Develop and write briefing documents for outside marketing service suppliers.
- Implement marketing activities
- Monitor sales and profitability of product categories on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of the product range & recommend range optimisation/rationalisation strategies.
- Provide input to New Product Development initiatives
- Develop local pricing recommendations (in conjunction with Sales) for New Products.
Your Ideal Background:
Degree Qualified with 2 years' experience in a similar role with exposure to the above responsibilities ideally gained in a large MNC, coupled with:
- Experience in a product management marketing role with consumer goods
- Experience with products that would demonstrate a transfer of technical knowledge
- Exposure to New Product Development / New Product Launch
- Experience developing plans/strategies/marketing ideas
- Ability to manage a project from start to completion
- Be a creative and innovative thinker
If you have the above experience and interested in hearing what is on offer please apply today. For any questions please call Aiden Szot on 02 9431 6519.