One of the world's largest and most experienced mineral processors, our client has forged a reputation for being proactive in their environmental matters and at the forefront of setting an example for others in the mineral processing industry.
As the ANZ Sustainability Manager, you will be instrumental in providing the business sustainability leadership and related processes and systems across their multiple facilities in Australia and New Zealand. The function will require you to be a strong leader and someone that can demonstrate the ability to work across business functions such as operations, supply chain, finance, sales and legal.
The role will be broad in responsibility, with key accountabilities and measures of success across three main pillars;
- Management compliance requirements by implementing, maintaining, supporting and monitoring compliance using management tools
- Planning and implementing sustainability programs
- Advising on issues of environment and sustainability to ensure company and regulatory standards are met
- Management of ISO system (ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO9001), development, maintenance and cost
- Monitor trends in local legal developments, environmental science, renewable resources
- Identify, assess and manage significant QHSE risks. Organise relevant audits, reporting on outcomes and implementing improvement plans
- Raw Material Suppliers - working with supply chain to manage supplied materials safety and environmental compliance
- Monitor and maintain environmental and safety compliance requirements on a local and national level
QSHE Compliance -
- Drive continuous improvement in OH&S, environmental protection and quality management
You will be a degree qualified professional (science, environmental or similar) with a minimum of seven years' experience within sustainability, environmental or similar roles demonstrating strong leadership and influencing skills. Exposure to quarrying, non-metallic mineral processing or underground mining industries will be highly regarded. The role will incorporate travel to sites.
For more information on this role and to find out about other similar positions, please contact Matt Gorrie on 02 9431 6508, and quote Ref No MG - 1807 - 399320.
CVs should be submitted by clicking the 'apply now' button below. All documents are required to be sent in MS Word format.