Your new company
This retailer is based in the Wollongong area and is part of a very successful chain of commercial outlets.
Your new role
The Accounts Payable Officer reports into the Accountant and works in large finance team setting to take charge of end-to-end Accounts Payable operations.
In this busy, hands-on role you will be servicing employees typical of a manufacturing and distribution related industry. Your day-to-day duties will include;
- Full function Accounts Payable (processing 200 invoices/day)
- Accurate invoice coding
- Making sure all EFT, BPAY and cheque payments runs
- Uploading payment files to the bank
- Ensuring deadlines are met each day, week and month.
- Locating missing invoices
- Chasing management approvals
- Prioritising payments according to payment terms and urgency.
- Resolving supplier queries and disputes
- Investigating statement discrepancies.
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Consolidating statements where required
- Ensuring statements reconcile with the ledger
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to demonstrate several years' recent experience working within a medium to high volume full function Accounts Payable setting with minimal supervision. You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong time management and a high attention to detail.
You will be able to demonstrate experience with a mid-tier accounting system and possess solid Excel skills. You will already possess permanent Australian residency and work rights.
What you'll get in return
This permanent role offers 40-50K + Super, full-time hours and a work environment that embraces continuous process improvement and innovation. The office is based close to Wollongong and Shellharbor transport links and has nearby parking available.
What you need to do now
To apply please apply and upload your updated resume without delay! If short-listed you will receive a call back with 24 hours for an initial telephone interview.